Thursday, November 6, 2008

27-Brielle Stanek♥




My Cell Phone


A day that was suppose to full of fun, turned out to be an upsetting day for me. I was eleven years old when I went to Disneyland. It was crowded as usual. My dad and my brother wanted to go on Indiana Jones. My mom and I wanted to go on Astro Orbiters. Mom decided to give my dad my cell phone since she couldn’t find hers in her purse. My cell phone is a pink Katana phone with a blinged Hello Kitty sticker, a picture of my friend and me, when you shut the phone it was a picture of my brother and a blue-haired girl all dressed for Disneyland. My dad stuck my phone in his cargo shorts. My dad and brother said that the ride was bumpy and kind find of fast. My brother had a confused, worried look. My mom asked, “What’s wrong?” and that’s when my brother confessed that my dad had lost my cell phone. My dad didn’t clip my cell phone to his cargo pants. He didn’t put it in the net to keep items from falling off the ride. I was crying, hard. I pictures and phone numbers that belonged to my friends. I felt depressed. I felt nauseous, full, tired, lazy and depressed. It was time for us to return back to the hotel. We called Disneyland to see if they had found my cell phone. NO LUCK. It was time for us to check out of the hotel and go home. We checked again, nothing. It had been five days since my dad lost my cell phone. Sprint had all ready sent me a new phone, still nothing. On the following Tuesday, my mom had called to see if they had found my phone. I was listening, too. While we were waiting for the lady to come back with a phone that sounded like the on described, they were playing “Zip-a- Dee- Do- Da.” The woman came back on the line. She asked if it was hot pink. Nope. She asked if it had a kitten picture. Nah, uh. Then, she asked if it had a bling-bling Hello Kitty sticker. Yes. She asked if it had a picture of two girls. Yup. She asked if it had a Mickey Mouse girl. Oh, Yeah! They had found my phone! She said they found my phone the day we left Anaheim. About three days later my phone arrived. Nothing was deleted or messed up. Just a picture was taken of someone’s index finger. I was excited that Disney had found my phone. And to this day I still have my pink Katana phone.



Due November 21Th.


Fiction Summary


Non-Fiction Summary



Non-Fiction Summary: Recycle Your Plastic! Plastic Munching Micros

Did you know that most plastics are made out of Polyethylene Terephtalate or PET? Polyethylene terephtlate is usually recycled in only a low quality plastic that can't be made into a food or drink packaging, A team of researchers from Europe just found a way to change PET into a more useful plastic called Polythydroxyalkanoate or PHA, this is considered biodegradable. PHA can be medical devices. It can also be enviorment friendly kind of food packaging. PET pas tic can't be heated up because it will produce a few breakdown products, a solid called Terephatalic acid or TA, a gas and liquid. Bactria's ability to be converted into a TS or PHA will be most likely be an important step for PET. PET and PHA isn't the answer to PET recycling, they could be the solution to the problem.

Fiction Summary: Say Thank You Much? Thank You Ma'am

The story, Thank You Ma'am, is about a boy named Roger. Roger was walking around a corner when a large woman with a huge purse was walking in front of him. Roger snuck up behind the lady a tried to steal her money. The woman got upset because he tried to steal her wallet. She took him to her house. She said her name is Mrs. Jones. Mrs. Jones told Roger to wash his face. Roger just wanted to leave, but he did as he was told and washed his face. Roger kept saying he was sorry, though Mrs. Jones never accepted his apology. Mrs. Jones made Roger a delicious dinner and asked why he tried to snatch her purse. He replied by saying he wanted to buy himself some new shoes. Mrs. Jones said she would have gave him the money. When they finished their dinner, she gave Roger $10 to buy his shoes. This is why it's titled, Thank You Ma'am, Roger said thank you ma'am. Roger never again saw Mrs. Jones again.

No comments: