Monday, November 3, 2008

12-cassandra essay


12-cassandra- conflict essay
My Conflict By: Cassandra Cate Oh my gosh, stop! One day late in the afternoon my friends and I decided to go on the go-cart they had. We were all very excited to go on because we’ve never been on one before.They took the go-cart out, I was waiting anxiously for it to be my turn. Finally it was my turn, I was really excited. My friend Mika was driving. As she drove off she drove a little to fast while making a turn. I fell out! It took her awhile to notice what was happening. I was shocked, I didn’t know what was going on. Everyone quickly ran over, my mom rushed me inside and cleaned me up! I had scares on my leg and hand, it hurt so bad. It felt like a big burn.After that my mom called the doctors to make an appointment. The doctors took a look and bandaged me up. I continued to heal with the support of my friends. I learned my lesson, to check everything before going on something like that.
By: Cassandra Cate

Why we need more money



Teachers should be able to spend more money on classrooms. There should be smaller schools, so kids get one on one attention. And more school assemblies, so kids can be more aware of things.

Teachers should be able to spend more money on classrooms. A reason why is, so we can learn better. The teachers are the ones with the students, they know what we need. They’re given no money to begin with.

More schools should have less kids. Because the students get more one on one attention with there teachers. Kids are more focused with less kids around. More learning time with less kids, can give teachers more to teach.

More school assemblies can help us learn about different things. They can also help us know about causes going on in the world. More assemblies could help kids be more aware. It can help teach us to be responsible.
So schools need more money, school assemblies and not so many kids in a classroom.


Due November 21 summary 1 & 2


Non-fiction summary: Plastic munching microbes
Microbes might be able to help us recycle plastic.Most bottles are made of PET. It's usually not recycled and can't be used again. A team of researchers in Europe found a way to turn PET into a more useful plastic called PHA. PHA breaks down over time, so it could be used for stiches that dissolve inside the body. And can be used for packaging. To change products like PET into useful materials is called Upcycling.


Fiction summary: Thank You,Ma'm
There was a large lady with a big purse. Her name was Mrs.Luella Bates Washington Jones. She was walking at eleven o'clock at night. A boy came up to her trying to take her pocketbook, the boy's name was Roger. The lady got very mad! She told him to pick up her pocketbook. After that she took him to her house. HE got cleaned up and got something to eat. The lady gave him $10 so he could buy shoes, thats why he tryed taking her purse. After that he never saw her again.


Non-Fiction summary:LIGHTING GOES DIGITAL
Semiconductors are computer chips. They're a solid materail that can carry an electric current. Leds and Oleds are small computer chip parts that give light. Electricity goes into a metal filament and that heats up and emits as a byproduct. Leds can help us because it saves energy and lasts longer. It can also produce more than 70,000 hours of light.

Non-Fiction summary:Algal Blooms
The reason 14 whales died was because,the whales fed on on toxinproducingt algae or fish that ate the algae.The toxin reached a level that killed the whales.Algal blooms are fast growing algae.Scientists use satallites to help them find where red tides are occuring.

No comments: