Monday, November 3, 2008

11 Alexia Essay

1. Persuasive Essay (art in schools)

Why We Need More Money
By: Alexia Cate
Teachers should be able to spend more money on the classrooms, so it will help us learn better. Teachers should be able to spend more money spend more money on classrooms. So we can learn better, the teachers are the ones working with the students. They know what we need. The teachers are given no money to start with.

More schools that have less kid, because the students get more one on one time, with the teachers. Kids are more focused with less kids. More learning time with less kids (teachers can get more teaching time in.)

More School Assembly’s. They can help us learn more about different things. Help us know more about the causes, that are going around in the world. More assembly’s could help students be more cautious, and learn to be responsible.
Teachers should be able to spend more money on classrooms. More schools that have less kids. More school assembly’s

2. Plot Diagram (save as a .jpeg and post as a picture)
Check with Mr. R.

3. Response to Literature
Check with Mr. R.

4. Autobiographical Incident (problem that you confronted)
When I Got My Wisdom Teeth Taken Out
By: Alexia Cate


One early morning, I had to get my wisdom teeth taken out. I was waiting patiently for my name to be called. Finally my name was called. After the surgery I had to stay awake, it was hard because I was tired. My body felt a little weak. When I got home my mom changed the goss, it was a little painful. It felt like there was a lot of pressure.

I couldn’t eat either, and it was hard for me to open my mouth. But I had to practice everyday. I got better, but I had to go back to the doctor twice just to make sure everything was okay. Everyday I got better and better.

I finally got better and everything was fine. I still have one more wisdom tooth left because it was too hard to take out.


5. History: Powerpoint (6th)(7th)
Check with Mr. R. or Incomplete

Due November 19th summary 1 and 2.


Plastic-munching microbes: non-fiction summary

Plastic bottles are made of PET. The bottles can't be reused. In Europe researchers found a way to convert PET, into PHA it will break down over time.Heating PET makes three breakdown products. A solid,liquid, and gas. The researchers know that some strains of bacteria eat on solids an other strains. Scientists studied soil near plastic bottle factory. They found bacteria living in PET during the bottle making process. PHA is better because you can reuse it.

Algal Blooms

14 humpback whales died because they ate red algae. The toxins from the algae were strong, so it killed the whales.

Algal blooms is alot of algae. The sun helps the algae grow. Algal blooms can cause the whales to die.

Technology helps because then scientists know if there is any bab algae, red algae. There are satellites that take pictures, that's how scientists know if its safe . Because some people catch shellfish and shellfish eat algae.

Thank You, Ma'm: fiction Summary

There was a big lady with a big purse. Her name is Mrs. Luella Bates Washington Jones. She was walking at eleven o'clock at night. Then a boy ran up and tried to take her purse. But the strap broke and he fell back. Mrs. Luella turned and kicked him. Then she grabed him and shook him.

She was really mad, she told the boy to give her purse to her. She asked him why did you do it? The boy said I didn't mean to. And then Mrs. Luella Bates Washington Jones took him to her house. She wanted the boy Roger to wash his face. He tried to take her purse because he wanted shoes.

Then Mrs. Luella fed him, she told Roger that when she was young she use to take peoples things. After she let Roger go.

No comments: