Sunday, March 22, 2009

19 Christian--Ardella

I would liken you
To a night without stars
Were it not for your eyes.
I would liken you
To sleep without dreams
Were it not for your songs.

1. What phrases are repeated?

  1. I would liken you
  2. Were it not for your

2. What images (visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, gustatory )?

Visual

  1. To sleep without dreams
  2. To a night with out stars

Auditory

  1. To a sleep
  2. Were it not for your songs

Tactile

  1. None

Olfactory

  1. None

Gustatory

  1. None
3. Explain metaphors.

"To a night without stars"
  1. I think the person("Ardella") in the poem thinks he wnts to see or be with a person and saying if I don't be with that person It is like there are no stars in the sky.

4. What rhythm or rhyme scheme does the poem have? How does this affect meaning?
  1. HELP

5. What is the theme or message of the poem? Give text examples from each stanza.
  1. I think the message of the poem is about someone who really likes someone("Adella") and wants to see that Adella really bad, by "comparing" Adella to things like," To a night without stars" or "To sleep without dreams".

No comments: