Friday, April 17, 2009

#31 bRiDGettE -POETRY PROJECT-

FACING WEST FROM CALIFORNIA'S SHORES

FACING west from California's shores,
Inquiring, tireless, seeking what is yet unfound,
I, a child, very old, over waves, towards the house of maternity, the land of migrations, look afar,
Look off the shores of my Western sea, the circle almost circled;
For starting westward from Hindustan, from the vales of Kashmere,
From Asia, from the north, from the God, the sage, and the hero,
From the south, from the flowery peninsulas and the spice islands,
Long having wander'd since, round the earth having wander'd,
Now I face home again, very pleas'd and joyous,
(But where is what I started for so long ago? And why is it yet unfound?)

R=REPETITION

I=IMAGERY

M=METAPHORS

R=RYTHM
R=RYHME:THE RYTHM & RYHME OF THIS POEM IIS THAT
IT KEEPS GOING ON AND ON IT NEVER STOPS

MEANING:THE MEANING OF THIS POEM IS THAT HE LOOKS AT THE WEST FROM CALIFORNIAS SHORES, AND I THINK HES LOOKING OUT OF A PLANE BECAUSE IT SEEMS LIKE HES IN THE SKY.

A Promise To California

A PROMISE to California,Also to the great Pastoral Plains, and for Oregon:Sojourning east a while longer, soon I travel toward you, to remain,to teach robust American love;For I know very well that I and robust love belong among you, inland,and along the Western Sea;For These States tend inland, and toward the Western Sea--and I willalso.

R=REPETITION

I=IMAGERY

M=METAPHORS

R=RYTHME
R=RYHME:THE RYTHME & RYTHME OOF THIS POEM IS THAT IT DOEN'T STOP AT ALL IT KEEPS ON GOING ON AND ON.

MEANING:THE MEANING OF THIS POEM IS THAT HE PROMISED ALL OF CALIFORNIA FOR THOSE THINGS AND NOW HE'S SAYING THAT EVERYONE TENDS TO GO TOWARD THE WESTERN SEA AND HE WILL TOO!



A Clear Midnight

THIS is thy hour O Soul, thy free flight into the wordless,Away from books, away from art, the day erased, the lesson done,Thee fully forth emerging, silent, gazing, pondering the themes thoulovest best.Night, sleep, and the stars.

R=REPETITION

I=IMAGERY

M=METAPHORS

R=RYTHME
R=RYHME:AT THE BEGGINING OF THE POEM IT DOESN'T
STOP BUT THEN AT THE END IT STOPS.

MEANING:THE MEANING OF THIS POEM IS THAT IT'S A CLEAR MIDNIGHT AND HE DECIDES TO GO AWAY FROM EVERYTHING, AND THATS WHAT HE MEANT FROM THE POEM"AWAY FROM THE BOOKS, AWAY FROM THE ART....".


A Leaf For Hand In Hand

A LEAF for hand in hand!You natural persons old and young!You on the Mississippi, and on all the branches and bayous of theMississippi!You friendly boatmen and mechanics! You roughs!You twain! And all processions moving along the streets!I wish to infuse myself among you till I see it common for you towalk hand in hand!



R=REPETITION

I=IMAGERY

M=METAPHORS

R=RYTHME
R=RYHME:

MEANING:

No comments: